In this unprecedented situation there are many uncertainties about the repercussions of the pandemic. As measures taken by governments and restrictions are changing rapidly as the situation evolves, we are doing our best to continually monitor the situation and make decisions with the safety of our customers as a priority.
Unfortunately the situation has had far reaching effects and inevitably it has impacted the ability to operate tours. Accommodation, transportation and dining establishments have all been affected in a large way.
We are monitoring the FCO (Foreign & commonwealth office) advice closely which gives information relating to travel advice in the UK and worldwide and also provides advisory levels on recommended travel. As the situation is subject to changing rapidly please read the relevant information below depending on whether you have a tour booked with us or whether you are looking to book a tour with us.
Customers who have existing bookings with us
Those who have existing bookings with us may be worried about the implications of the situation and what this means for their trip etc. We would firstly ask that customers wait until 6 weeks before departure to postpone or make changes to their tour as the situation is very fast moving. We have made some changes to out cancellation policy regarding the situation which are outlined below:
We will contact customers at 6 weeks to notify them of the situation and see what they would like to do.
Using FCO guidelines as well as looking at other factors we will review the situation 14 days before the commencement of your tour. In the event where we are unable to operate your tour on certain dates because of restrictions and closures relating to COVID-19 we will notify you about the situation on those dates and offer to do the following:
If you cancel between 42 and 28 days before the commencement of the tour the following options apply:
If you cancel between 28 & 14 days before the commencement of the tour the following options apply:
In a situation where you decide not to proceed with your tour due to the COVID-19 Pandemic and it is at a date that is further than 6 weeks away, similarly if you were to cancel and there were no UK restrictions in place that prevent the tour from operating then you would have the following options:
In a situation where you are unable to get to your tour start point due to flight cancellations or border closures preventing you from leaving your home country you should firstly approach your travel insurance company. Most policies that were taken out before the pandemic became established should be honouring claims for cancellation in these circumstances. We would be happy to provide supporting information where required. Otherwise In this situation we can:
For those looking to book a tour, we are still accepting bookings for later this year and beyond. We will soon be updating this page with new flexible booking options which should ease uncertainty about booking future holidays.
G. ELLIOT, CANADA
Sign up to receive the latest information on World Walks